You work hard and we know it. At Targus, we spend hundreds of hours a year learning about how people work, where they work, and what they need to perform at their best.
With a heritage rooted in the mobility of on-the-go-professionals, we strive to advance the mobile accessories category with cutting-edge, quality-made, productivity-boosting solutions — carrying cases, tech accessories, and peripherals — that enable an ever-changing workforce to perform at their best anytime, anywhere.
Since our founding in 1983 with the debut of the original laptop bag, we’ve grown to become a global brand — with 45 offices worldwide and direct distribution in more than 100 countries — that supports large enterprises and end users alike.
Targus. Everywhere You Work.
- The year it all began. Targus is formed in Barnes, London by Neil Bruce-Copp.
- Our very first invoice is raised for £2098.25!
- Targus begins partnership with computer OEM’s, including IBM.
- Targus grows and takes on new customers like Canon and Apple.
- Targus launches its first laptop case with 250-unit Toshiba order for T3100L laptop cases.
- Targus moves to London House in Richmond.
- Targus US and Canada offices open.
- Targus opens office in South Africa.
- Targus US opens doors to retail Business-To-Consumer.
- Targus wins The Queen’s Award for Export Achievement.
- Targus begins outsourcing to China – then a relatively untapped source of high quality suppliers.
- Targus opens office in Taipei, Germany, France, and Holland.
- Targus Hong Kong office opens.
- Targus becomes known as Targus Group International, Inc.
- Targus acquires PORT, expanding product line, and introduces innovative SafePort Sling protection system and DEFCON security line.
- Targus LATAM office opens.
- Targus re-brands itself to reflect new innovative and stylish designs.
- Anaheim Headquarters opens.
- CN01 is named the best-selling laptop case in the world.
- Targus celebrates 20 years.
- Targus becomes a Microsoft ‘Designed for Surface’ partner.
- Targus launches its first Docking Station!
- Targus sells its first Bluetooth mouse.
- SafePort Air Protection System developed.
- Targus makes its first foray into the mobile device market with range of accessories designed specifically for iPod.
- The CityGear range is launched.
- Targus introduces a new brand and new logo.
- All new Dome Protection System launched.
- The Global Sourcing Group is introduced in China.
- Targus launches privacy screens.
- Targus celebrates 25 years of mobile solutions.
- Targus launches EcoSmart®- an environmentally friendly line of bags made from recycled plastic bottles.
- Targus earns accolades as #1 Best-Selling Laptop Accessories and Cases from the NPD Group.
- Contemporary new branding released with a new company tag-line: Designed for Life. Yours.
- Targus earns honor of #1 Best-Selling Notebook Power Adapter and #1 Maker of Presentation Devices from NPD Group.
- Targus enters the Tablet and E-Reader market after the unprecedented success of the iPad.
- Targus introduces VersaVu™ case with 360º rotating design.
- Targus becomes a Samsung Mobile Accessories Partner.
- Targus secures patent for its checkpoint-friendly design on cases.
- Targus acquires leather smartphone and tablet case company, SENA Cases.
- Targus becomes a Google partner.
- Targus gains dominance in the tablet case market with patented Multi-Gen tray solution.
- Targus launches the VersaLink™ Universal Travel Dock.
- Targus announces it works with 90% of Fortune 1000 companies and is the case manufacturer for eight of the world’s top ten laptop computer OEM’s.
- Targus announces itself as the #1 stylus brand in the US.
- Targus wins CES Innovation Award for the Mobile ViP Backpack.
- Targus and DisplayLink® announce world’s first Dual 4K Docking Station.
- Targus wins Green Good Design Award for the 15.6” Balance™ EcoSmart® Backpack.
- Launches Targus California premium brand with the Newport Collection.
- Targus has #1 Selling Tablet Case in the US.