The terms of the software license agreement included with any software you download will control your use of the software.
Please read and accept the following Software License Agreement:
IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE COPYING, INSTALLING OR USING.
Do not install or use this software and any associated materials (collectively, the "Software") until you (individual or entity) have carefully read the following terms and conditions. By installing or using the Software, you agree to the terms of this Agreement. If you do not wish to so agree, do not install or use the Software.
1.1. SINGLE USER LICENSE. You may copy the Software onto a single computer for your personal, noncommercial use, and you may make one back-up copy of the Software, subject to these conditions:
1.2. SITE LICENSE. You may copy the Software onto your organization's computers for your organization's use, and you may make a reasonable number of back-up copies of the Software, subject to these conditions:
1.3. OEM LICENSE: You may copy and distribute the Software only as an integral part of or incorporated in your product or as a standalone Software maintenance update for existing end users of your products, subject to these conditions:
2. NO OTHER RIGHTS. No rights or licenses are granted by DisplayLink to you, expressly or by implication, with respect to any proprietary information or patent, copyright, mask work, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property right owned or controlled by DisplayLink, except as expressly provided in this Agreement. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
3. OWNERSHIP OF SOFTWARE AND COPYRIGHTS. Title to all copies of the Software remains with DisplayLink or its suppliers. The Software is copyrighted and protected by the laws of the United States and other countries, and international treaty provisions. You may not remove any copyright notices from the Software. DisplayLink may make changes to the Software, or to items referenced therein, at any time without notice, but is not obligated to support or update the Software. You may transfer the Software only if the recipient agrees to be fully bound by the terms of this Agreement and if you retain no copies of the Software.
4. LIMITED MEDIA WARRANTY. If the Software has been delivered by DisplayLink on physical media, DisplayLink warrants the media to be free from material physical defects for a period of ninety days after delivery by DisplayLink. If such a defect is found, return the media to DisplayLink for replacement or alternate delivery of the Software as DisplayLink may select.
5. EXCLUSION OF OTHER WARRANTIES. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED ABOVE, THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DisplayLink does not warrant or assume responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within the Software. The Software is not error free and is not designed for use in life support or medical monitoring systems, other critical applications or ultra-hazardous activities. Further the Software is not designed to meet standards for military applications. You and your distributors and customers assume the full risk of any such uses and will indemnify and hold DisplayLink harmless from any claims that arise as a result of such uses.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL DISPLAYLINK OR ITS AFFILIATES OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOST INFORMATION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF DISPLAYLINK HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
7. TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT. DisplayLink may terminate this Agreement at any time if you violate its terms. Upon termination, you will immediately destroy the Software or return all copies of the Software to DisplayLink.
8. APPLICABLE LAWS. Claims arising under this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of California, excluding its principles of conflict of laws and the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. You may not export the Software in violation of applicable export laws and regulations. DisplayLink is not obligated under any other agreements unless they are in writing and signed by an authorized representative of DisplayLink.
9. U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS. The Software is provided with "RESTRICTED RIGHTS." Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in FAR 52.227-14 and DFAR 252.227-7013 et seq. or its successor. Use of the Software by the Government constitutes acknowledgment of DisplayLink's proprietary rights therein. Contractor or Manufacturer is DisplayLink (UK) Limited, Mount Pleasant House, Mount Pleasant, Cambridge CB3 0RN, United Kingdom.